Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine Remembrance





"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you" Philippians 1:3 KJV

I love this Bible verse.  As I was designing the headstone for Kirk, my sister sent me this verse and I immediately knew this was THE one.  Just like when I met him back in 1987, I knew he was the ONE!!

Kirk wasn't much on romance.   He sure did try though and he succeeded most of the time.  I have two very precious Valentine letters that he wrote to me instead of buying me cards.  At the time I was like, where's the card. But now, I treasure those letters.  They are love letters that he wrote from his heart, you can't buy that in any store no matter how "fancy and expensive" the store is.  Those letters are priceless because his love for me is priceless.  Did we have problems and issues?  You betcha!!  Was our love and marriage perfect?  No way!!  No one's is nor is it suppose to be.  But at the core, we did love each other and our love expanded to include our beautiful daughter Emily. 

Emily and I take a Valentine balloon that she picks out to the cemetery every year.  We took one there yesterday and then I picked out some candy conversation hearts and put them on the grass.  I read that a lady does this for her husband so the candy will melt on the snow.  Even though we haven't had much snow, thank Goodness, I went ahead and put some of the hearts down on the grass.  Eventually we will get snow and the hearts will melt.  I picked out the appropriate ones and a couple of them said "soul mate".  His favorite candy for VDay was turtles so I would always buy him some that one of my best friends Kathy would make homemade.  He loved the turtles and would take them to his shop and not share. 

I know today can be a tough day for many of us.  But I encourage you to celebrate and remember the love you shared with your beloved husband or whomever you are missing today.  I also encourage you to read scripture from the ULTIMATE LOVE LETTER, the Bible.  Scripture is the love letter from God to us.  The New Testament tells us about the LOVER of our heart and soul, our Lord Jesus Christ.  Jesus came to show us mercy, love, and grace.  He is our ultimate role model of how to live our lives and how to love unconditionally.  Will you show someone today how much you love them through grace and patience?  Is there someone that you have been wanting to contact to say hi or to forgive them for an issue that isn't "an issue" anymore?  Even at our worse, Jesus still loves us!!  Do you reflect that to others?  This is a part of my life that I have been working on every day.  I know it's hard, but if Jesus came to show us how to live then I will try to reflect His love every day!!  It's easy to neglect and avoid, being positive and to love takes effort.  But isn't anything you have to work for tirelessly so worth that effort?  I think it is!!  Make the effort today and love someone unconditionally to celebrate Valentines Day!!  Just as Jesus loves ALL OF US unconditionally!!


This is dedicated to my Forever Valentine!!  No matter what lies ahead of me, no matter what God has planned for my life,  I will always thank God for every year, week, day, hour, second that Kirk was in my life.  He left me with my other Forever Valentine, Emily.  What a precious gift!!


"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you"





No comments:

Post a Comment