Friday, August 14, 2015

Fighting Fear!!



Sisterhood of Widows S.O.W.  Psalm 126:5-6  Please share on your Facebook so that others can see my blogs and maybe help them through their grief.


Fighting Fear!!


Fear can paralyze the strongest of men.  Fear can stop us in our tracks and keep us from living out the life that God wants us to enjoy.  We can have fear in several different areas of our lives that we once felt safe and comfortable.  When I became a widow, I feared having to raise my daughter by myself.  I feared having to make big financial decisions without Kirk sitting by my side going over all the pros and cons of our decision making.  I have begun to fear a life of being alone after Emily goes to college in a short five years.  Fear of spending nights alone when all my friends and family are out spending time together.  I can go on and on about all the fears we encounter in this season of widowhood. 

Fear can freeze you in time and not allow you to move on with your life.  It can rob you of a life that God wants you to live, the life you deserve to have.  It's so easy to wave your white flag and take on a cloak of defeat.  But sisters, this is not the life that Jesus desires for all of us.  It's easy to feel like life is over and there is nothing left.  But there is so much more, I am allowing myself to figure this out and it has taken me four years.  What I had to realize and what you need to realize is that Jesus is fighting for us and with us.  He wants us to conquer our fear and look to Him for strength and trust.  In Romans 8:31-32 NIV it tells us,

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all-how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?"

See, God is on our side.  With Him on our side, no one can be against us.  God has His children and He is fighting for us every step of the way.  He made that possible when He sent his only Son, Jesus Christ, to Earth to live a righteous and sinless life.  Jesus came to die for all of us, to ransom us from this sinful world.  John 3:16 states, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." 

Do you know Jesus as your personal savior?  If not, I hope you will pray and think about making this most important decision for yourself.  It's the best decision and best gift you will EVER receive.  To know that the day that I'm called home I will be face to face with Jesus is so comforting. Just trusting that Jesus is patiently waiting for me and will greet me with arms wide open melts all fear away. 

Lord I pray that those that have not put their trust and faith in you will do so without hesitation.  Just having the peace and comfort that comes with having you on my side is priceless.  Lord I love you with all my heart and soul and I pray for all of us that need comfort and hope.  It doesn't happen overnight Lord, but it does come with love, trust, faith and patience.  When I start to feel fearful for the future or for events that happen in my life, I lean on you Lord to melt the fear away.  Thank you Lord for all that you have given me, but the biggest gift of all is your Son.  Lord I pray in your Precious Name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment