Monday, October 26, 2015

The First Supper



Sisterhood of Widows S.O.W.  Psalm 126:5-6  Please share on your Facebook so that others can see my blogs and maybe help them through their grief.

The First Supper

Tonight I made a good dinner for me and Emily.  It was one of Kirk's favorite meals that I would make from time to time.  He liked roast, potatoes, and carrots in the crock pot. I liked making it because I could put all the ingredients in the crock pot and let it cook while we were at work.  When I seen one of our local grocery stores had roast one sale I decided to make it for the first time since Kirk went Home.  It has been four years and four months since he left us.  I had been thinking about making this dinner for quite some time and I finally decided it was time.  Baby steps sisters, even after four years I am still taking them.

I remember the first time Emily and I sat down to eat dinner at home at our own kitchen table for the first time after Kirk past away.  It was a hard obstacle to jump.  I had made grilled chicken and rice and as we sat down to eat, the void of that empty chair was overwhelming.  We sat and ate in silence while staring at the empty space that had just been inhabited by him.  Just thinking that he will never sit and eat with us again filled me with great sadness.  We got through that night and have since ate many times in our remodeled kitchen with a new table.  I'm not saying that it's made it easier, but having new and fresh is never a bad idea.

As I was thinking about our first supper without Kirk, I got to thinking about the Last Supper Jesus shared with His disciples.    The night before Christ was to be crucified, He shared one last meal with His disciples.  He broke bread and drank wine and shared it with the disciples.  In Luke 22:19 NIV we read, "And he took the bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me." And then in verse 20 we read, "In the same way, after the supper he took the cup saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you."  Today as Christians, we do communion at church to remember Jesus's sacrifice on the cross.  We remember the blood He poured out for us that day to save us from eternal hell.  He shed his blood to show His love for us and to pay our debt for our sins.  With his blood, we able to enter a new covenant with God.  Jesus's blood that was shed on the cross frees us from our sins.  This sacrifice ransomed us, He bought us back from sin.  How incredible is this?  John 15:13 NIV Jesus says, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."

Do you know Jesus as your personal Savior?  Have you received the free gift that Jesus is handing to you, no strings attached?  We are told in Romans 10:9 NIV, "If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."  If you are not saved, please read your Bible and ask questions if you need to.  If you don't have a Bible, seek one out from a family member or friend.  You can even get on your smart phone and get an app for free called Holy Bible.  It's an incredible app that I use all the time.  Seek Jesus out, pray and cry out to Him.  I am living proof that anyone can be saved and anyone can achieve calm and peace in the middle of a terrible storm. 

Lord I pray that my family and friends that do not know you as their personal Savior will call out your precious name and accept you in their hearts.  The greatest gift ever known was given by You and His name is Jesus.  Thank you God for Jesus and for my salvation.  It is the most incredible and most important experience to ever happen to me and I hope that others will see that and want to be a part of Your kingdom.  In your precious name I pray, Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment