Saturday, February 6, 2016

Praise in the Hallway!!



Sisterhood of Widows S.O.W.  Psalm 126:5-6  Please share on your Facebook so that others can see my blogs and maybe help them through their grief.

Praise in the Hallway!!

A couple of months ago as I was scrolling through my Facebook page, I came across a picture that said,  "Until God opens the next door, praise Him in the hallway."  I sat and envisioned myself standing in this hallway without any one else with me.  I could see myself walking up to each and every door knocking and praying that it would open and I could push my way out of that hallway. 


I thought how lonely this hallway looks with all of those doors and the florescent lights overhead.  Do you see yourself in this hallway?  Maybe you see yourself banging on the doors or slumped in the corner defeated, thinking no one will ever answer your cries. 

At first I thought I was by myself in this hallway.  After Kirk suddenly passed, I couldn't see anyone else or their battles.  I didn't see that I wasn't alone in this hallway.  As time went on and I started opening my eyes, I realized that not only was I not alone, but the hallway is crowded; very crowded. 

In this hallway, I have found men, women, and children from different backgrounds and different struggles.  Each one of us are broken in our own way, each one of us with our own tragedies and our own stories.  Many of us in this hallway are battling grief, disease, cancer, divorce, addictions, and broken homes.  Some of us have multiple battles that descended on us at once.  There is a lot of broken hearts and broken lives in this hallway.

So you are probably asking yourself "How do I praise in the hallway when there is so much heartache?"  "How can I trust that a door will open for me?"  A door will open for you because Jesus is standing next to you and will turn that knob.  He will heal your brokenness and is right there with you in that hallway.  Isaiah 41:10 NIV says, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold  you with my righteous right hand." 

Praising God in that hallway also shows the trust you have in Him.  Psalm 25:1 NIV says, "In you, Lord my God, I put my trust."  Psalm 33:21-22 tells us, "In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.  May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you."  I know it's hard to praise and thank God while you are in the midst of your battle.  I know it's hard to sing praises when you are asking the why's of your situation. Always remember what we are told in Romans 8:31, "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

Who is against you and rejoices in your brokenness?  Satan, he loves to see the doubt and mistrust in God.  He causes your heartache and wants you to doubt and fear.  1 Peter 5:8 warns us, "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."  He wants to see you miserable, he wants you to doubt God and turn away from your faith.  He doesn't want you to praise God in that hallway, he wants you to cower in the corner and stay in there.  He doesn't want you to look for an open door, he wants you to keep your head down and think you are not worthy to move forward.  Would our loving and gracious God not want you to move forward and keep you there in that hallway?  Would the same God that gave His one and only Son to die for our sins keep you still and not let you move forward with joy and a happy heart?  Think about that?  Would our God of love, grace, and mercy keep you pinned down in misery and loneliness?  Would he keep you isolated with no hope?  NO WAY!!!  God loves each and every one of His children.  1 John 4:10 NIV "This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." God loves you!!  So while you are in that hallway, praise His Holy Name!! 

Lord, I pray that while I am standing in that hallway awaiting Your awesome plan for me, I will always praise You and trust that Your plan for me is far better than any plans I have made for myself.  Lord I trust You will open a door for me and will use me for Your purpose.  I pray that my testimony of Your great love will encourage others to praise You as they are waiting too.  Thank you Lord for standing next to me and never leaving my side.  In Your Precious Name I pray Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment