Thursday, December 11, 2014

End of week quick thought!!

Sisterhood Of Widows  S.O.W.  Psalm 126:5-6  Please share on your Facebook so that others can see my blogs and maybe help them through their grief.


Hello!!

Well as I am writing this entry it is almost Friday!!  I can't believe how fast this week passed.  I am thankful that we all made it through together and another weekend is near.  I wanted to end my first full week of my blog sharing praise and promises from Psalm 145.  I am a big fan of the Psalms because we read about so many emotions in this book.  King David wrote just about all of the Psalms and he takes us on an emotional roller coaster ride. 

Psalm 145 has 21 verses that are full of praise to God for His love and promises to us.  Psalm 145:1 NIV says, "I will exalt you, my God the King.  I will praise your name for ever and ever."  We go on and read in Psalm 145:8, "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love."  And then in 145:13 David talks about God's promises, "Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations.  The Lord is trustworthy in all his promises and faithful in all He does."  And then David ends Psalm 145 just as he began it, verse 21 states, "My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord.  Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever." 

Why did I give you all of these verses for the end of the week?  I wanted to uplift you before the weekend and just show you that God loves each one of us.  He is gracious, compassionate, trustworthy, and loves us so deeply we cannot fathom the extent.  Whatever you are feeling or going through  at the end of this week, please remember that God loves you and is ALWAYS with you.  Please take this into the weekend and just PRAISE God in whatever your situation.  If you get time, read all of Psalm 145.  You will see God's character through this Psalm and rest in knowledge of His love for you!!

Lord, I just pray that you will be all of us as we enter into another weekend.  With the holidays approaching, we are all busy with preparations but I pray that we don't forget the reason why we are celebrating.  I pray Lord that you watch over us and bless us as we praise You.  Lord thank you for always being there for us and for your Precious Son.  Thank you for our salvation and for your promises of a better time ahead.  We praise you Lord for ever and ever! In Jesus Precious Name I pray Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment