Friday, January 22, 2016

Changes



Sisterhood of Widows S.O.W.  Psalm 126:5-6  Please share on your Facebook so that others can see my blogs and maybe help them through their grief.

Changes? Ughh...

Have you said this to yourself?  Since I have been a widow, I have said this a lot.  I have never been a fan of changes and I have found the older I get the worse I feel.  Widowhood throws you in a world of constant changes.  Everything from daily routines, jobs, friends, school, finances, and sometimes our church/spiritual life.  Oh and one more thing about this, all of these changes happen all at once.  When a loved one leaves us, their loss is felt in every aspect of our lives.  For some of us, this will affect our health and sleep patterns. 

If you lost your beloved over a period of time, then you probably experienced changes several times a day.  You had to "go with the flow" on a day to day basis.  This will still not help with that final big change of the passing of your loved one.  With me, Kirk passed suddenly in an accident.  Our changes were chaotic and unexpected.  Either way, life isn't or will never be the same for any of us.  We must learn to not only roll with the changes, we have to LIVE with them as well. 

However, we can always count on our Heavenly Father because He never changes.  His love for us will remain the same throughout eternity.  James 1:17 NIV says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like the shifting shadows."  Whenever you get overwhelmed about all the changes you are experiencing, just take a step back, breathe, and whisper Jesus.  Jesus will never change, He is always right there waiting for you.  "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8 NIV

As we go along on this path, we must allow ourselves to believe that not all changes are bad.  Some changes are for our good, and are God willed.  These changes will maybe even give us joy and hope.  My heart song for all of you is to let the changes happen and surrender them to Jesus.  He will see all of us through the good and bad, the pretty and the ugly.  Changes that will bring us sorrow and joy will also flex our trust muscles.  He is there waiting to hear your heart.  Jeremiah 29:11 NIV tells us, "For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  FUTURE!!!  Yes sisters, Jesus promises us hope AND a future!! 

Lord, please help me in accepting every change that comes my way on this path.  I pray that everyone reading this also can handle the many changes this journey takes.  Thank you for the promises of hope, a future, but most importantly You will always be there!!  In Your Precious Name I pray, Amen!!

2 comments:

  1. The fact that God never changes and will never ever leave me or forsake me is what keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete