Thursday, January 7, 2016

I am holding onto You!!



Sisterhood of Widows S.O.W.  Psalm 126:5-6  Please share on your Facebook so that others can see my blogs and maybe help them through their grief.

Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy.  The Lord is my strength and shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.  My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.  Psalm 28:6-7 NIV

The holidays are over and the soft glow of Christmas lights have turned to darkness.  This can also describe how must of us feel after we go back to our routine lives after a long deserved Christmas break.  January has always been a tough month for me; even before my husband Kirk suddenly passed.  But now four and a half years out, winter seems even longer and darker. 

But even in our darkest winter night, we are all promised a bright light that shines for all the world.  Jesus is that light and He came to shine in each of our hearts all year.  Jesus tells us in John 8:12 NIV, "When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, 'I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life."  So when we are at a low point and the long winter nights get you down, just remember Jesus is the light.  Grab your Bible and read the Psalms, they are full of hope, love, and encouragement.  Psalm 119:105 NIV says, "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path."  Jesus is not only our Light for our lives, His Word will guide us toward Him.

Storms will come and go in our lives; none of us are immune.  Our Lord and Savior will always be with us in the storm that threatens to engulf us.  Remember that Jesus is your shield against the howling winds of your storm.  Psalm 28:6-7 NIV states, "Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy.  The Lord is my strength and shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.  My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him."  I know it's hard to trust Him in the middle of your struggles and cries, but keep trusting Him.  I promise you He will hold you up and sit your feet on solid ground.  It will take time, patience, tears and joy but it will happen!! 

Lord I pray for everyone that is holding on to you as tight as they can.  Lord please show them love, compassion and mercy as they trust You to deliver them out of their storm.  You are our Redeemer and Counselor that will never betray or forsake us.  We are holding on to You!!  In Your precious name I pray.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment