Friday, May 8, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!!



Sisterhood of Widows S.O.W.  Psalm 126:5-6  Please share on your Facebook so that others can see my blogs and maybe help them through their grief.


Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!! 

Isn't being a mom the hardest job we encounter?  No matter how old our children are, we never stop being a mom. It has been so rewarding and such a blessing for me.  I rejoice with Emily when she succeeds and I share her feelings of failures and disappointments.  And with her being a teenager, those emotions can hit within an hour time period.

The last couple of days I have been thinking about my mom.  I have a very special mom.  She was a stay at home mom and I love that she was able to do that for my sister and me.  She has always been there for us and for our kids.  So when she suddenly had a daughter that became a widow and a granddaughter without a daddy,  she found herself in a different role.  She was there for us every step of the way.  Emily and I never had to worry about being alone or not having help.  She wore herself out being there and making sure we were taking care of ourselves.  It's a debt that I can never repay her so I try to honor her by writing this blog.  This blog is a payback for the love, care, and compassion that she has shown us her entire life. 

My mom's favorite verse is Philippians 4:13 NIV, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  This verse is such a great building verse.  Through being a mom and a widow, I have found that only Christ gives me strength to get through each day.  This verse gives us hope that as long as we have Jesus by our side, there isn't anything we cannot do.  You will have times when you feel you are at the end of your rope, I have these moments quite a bit.  I will just whisper Jesus and everything comes into perspective. Just know you are never alone, Jesus is always there.  This verse is easy to memorize and one that will give you hope when you feel you are running on empty. 

I hope each one of you have a great Mother's Day.  I pray that you find comfort in God's word and know that He is always there.  I pray that each of us ask God for direction to parent our children without our husbands.  He knows our struggles and wants to help us with the decisions that we have to make.  Thank you Lord for blessing me with a great mom and I pray that I will be a blessing to Emily.  I pray Lord that you will comfort and heal these precious moms and widows.  Thank you for showering me with love and grace.  Without you, I would not be able to function every day.  In your precious name I pray. Amen!!!

This is dedicated to my mom Luvina Catellier.  She is an amazing mom!!  Thank you mom for everything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment